With current national attention being focused on children’s health and wellness issues, Santa Ynez Valley High School District’s Food Service Department is excited to provide parents a convenient, easy and secure online prepayment service to deposit money into your child’s school meal account at any time. This service also provides parents the ability to view your child’s account balance through a web site called MyNutrikids.com. By having money in each child’s account prior to entering the cafeteria, we find the lunch lines move along much faster, so your child has more time to eat and be with friends.
Also, parents will have the ability to print out a copy of their child’s eating history report. This history report will show you all the dates and times that your child has purchased a breakfast and/or lunch within the past thirty days.
These new services will be available January 19, 2012.
To access these services:
Things to know:
Ø If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
Ø Payments may be made through a major credit or debit card.
Ø In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.95per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.95 fee once per deposit transaction. Santa Ynez Valley High School District will not profit from the use of this site.
We are very excited to offer these new services. However, if you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to the Santa Ynez Valley Union High School. Please write your child’s full name on the check and include the student’s identification number. Payments can be made in the cafeteria from 7:30am - 8:15am each school day.
If you have any questions about these new services, please feel free to contact my office at 805-688-6487 ext. 3231.
Food Service Manager
Registering for myschoolbucks.com
- You will first need your child’s student ID number; you may get this number by contacting your child’s school or contacting my office.
- Click Finish to complete the initial registration process.
Add Students to Your Family Account
- When you log in you will be taken to the homepage.
- Click MyKids from the main menu OR from the blue navigation bar above.
- This is a listing of the students in your account. It will be empty on your first visit to the site.
- Click Add Child and enter the required information.
- Click Add (next to your child’s name) to continue.
- Click Add Child to repeat the process for additional children.
- NOTE: Your child’s transaction history report will not display information during the initial account set up process.
How to Make a Deposit
- Click Deposit Money located next to Add Student.
- Enter an amount in the Deposit column next to your child’s name.
o If you have more than one child, enter the amount you wish to deposit into the column next to each child’s name. DO NOT deposit money for your entire family into ONE child’s account.
- Click Calculate.
- Click Make Deposit.
o If you are using a credit card, enter the required information. For your protection, MyNutrikids.com will not store your financial information.
- Click Pay Now when finished.
- Click Pay once again to finish the process.