Measure K Project List
Renovation, Modernization, & Repair of Santa Ynez Valley Union High School
Such projects shall include but shall not be limited to:
- Repair/replace old and deteriorating plumbing and sewer systems including waterlines, storm drains and valves
- Upgrade outdated heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems to improve learning environments and lower costs through energy efficiency improvements
- Make handicap accessibility (ADA) upgrades and improvements to the school site, including restrooms and classrooms
- Renovate and repair aging restrooms
- Improve student safety by upgrading fire alarm, security, and emergency communications systems
- Repair/replace deteriorating roofs
- Improve safety and traffic flow of student drop-off and pick up locations, including improving parking lots
- Repair dry rot and termite damage
- Address unforeseen conditions revealed by renovation (e.g., asbestos removal, plumbing, gas line or electrical repairs, seismic or structural issues)
Each of the bond projects described in this Bond Project List include all costs incidental but directly related to the specific projects described above. Such costs include, but are not limited to, rental or construction of storage facilities and other space on an interim basis for materials and other equipment and furnishings displaced during construction, interim classrooms and facilities for students, administrators, and school functions but only to the extent such facilities are deemed necessary by the Board as a result of unforeseen conditions, addressing unforeseen conditions revealed by construction/modernization and other necessary improvements required to comply with existing building codes, including the Field Act, access requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, costs of the election, bond issuance costs and project administration during the duration of such projects, including administration by District personnel.
Approval of the District's bond measure does not guarantee that all of the identified projects within this Bond Project List will be funded beyond what can be completed with local funds generated by the bond measure and does not guarantee that the projects will be completed in any particular order. The District will also pursue funds from the State of California to complete certain of the identified facilities projects.
The order in which school facilities projects are listed above does not suggest an order of priority. Project priorities will be determined by the District Board. The District is unable to anticipate all unforeseen circumstances which may prevent some of the projects listed above from being undertaken or completed.
For a detailed list of projects please click here.